One basic fact of life. Women and men are different. I am not talking about their physical attributes, but in their attitudes to relationships.
I am a man, writing this article. I have tried to be fair, but can I tell you ladies, I just can’t understand you most of the time. But I am sure that most of you would answer, that you can’t understand us men.
I have been guilty of most of the attitudes listed, especially the shopping which I hate. Therefore to go a little way in imparting some understanding, here are 10 situations where the thinking of men and women go in opposite directions;
1. ANGER: When Anger or another problem enters a relationship A woman will want to repair the situation or problem before any sex.A man will think that making love will make it all right again.
2. TOUCHING: For women touching without sex is comforting and very soothing. They find that the touching gives a warm feeling of security.However for men touching without sex can easily be misunderstood and he can even feel threatened.Please understand that when men touch each other, it is in a rough manner. They slap or punch each other on the back. Tender touching makes many men feel vulnerable and dependent. These have been seen by men to be un masculine.Men find it uncomfortable with so much closeness. It makes them feel vulnerable. However women are not comfortable without this type of intimacy.
3. TELEPHONE: Men use the telephone or mobile phone as a communication device. It is to send short messages to each other.However women see the telephone differently. They use it to keep in touch with their friends supporting, helping and growing relationships. They are more interested in people and feelings than objects such as telephones and the latest video games.
4. SEX: When it comes to foreplay, women prefer 40-45 minutes of foreplay. However men on the other hand prefer 40-45 seconds of foreplay before sex
5. GOING OUT: When a man says he is ready to go out, it means he is ready to go out. However when a woman says she is ready to go out, it means she is ready, as soon as she finds her other piece of jewellery and makes just one more phone call.
6. SHOPPING: Women can shop all day and enjoy the whole experience. Its a chance to talk. They use talk to build and sustain connections with others. However men just want finish and close the situation. Its their nature. One can view this difference anytime with couples in shopping malls.
7. BATHROOMS: A man has on average around 5-6 items in his bathroom. A woman on the other hand has over 200 items in her bathroom. Make no attempt to ask a man to identify all these items.
8. DRESSING UP: A woman will dress up to go shopping, gardening, answer the phone, or get the post. A man will dress up for weddings and funerals.
9. CHILDREN: A woman knows all about her children. She knows about doctors and dentists appointments. All their friends, their favorite and not so favorite foods, plus their secret fears and their hopes and dreams.Most men, though not as many as years ago, are aware of some short people sharing the home.
10. TOYS: Little girls love to play with toys. Then when they reach the age of approximately 12, they seem to lose the interest.However, men NEVER grow out of their obsession with toys. As they get older, the toys simply get more expensive. One shopping channel has a section called “Big Boys Toys”
In ending this article I would like to stress the points:
a. Not all women are alike
b. Not all men are alike.
There have been great men and great women who have made this world such a better place. No matter what sex you are I leave you with this quote that applies to all of us:
Be kind. Remember, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. –Thompson
I wish you perfect health and piece of mind in all that you do.
By Jeff Cuckson